We’ve received some great feedback about our discussion regarding the Daily Faith Confessions we talked about at our Sun Stand Still Study Group and shared on the air. I have been diligently “preachin'” them to myself each morning as part of my morning routine. They originated from Elevation Church and were brought to our group in the study package. They (the staff who put together the package of materials) were awesome enough to share bookmark and business card-sized version of them. I carried one in my Sun Stand Still book, as a bookmark, for several weeks before I actually put it to work on me. It has been a great addition to my morning and especially interesting as one of them will jump out at me each morning.
As awesome as these are, I’ve been working to try to personalize the list a bit. As I shared with the group on Tuesday and on the air Wednesday, I was looking to add one that I could find in myself and in my growth with God. As I shared, I found in a random devotional an “oh, by the way” reference to Barnabus’s name meaning “Son of Encouragement.” Barnabus was the person who ushered Paul into the circle of Apostles who weren’t real warm to Paul upon his initial visit with them, post-Damascus experience and all. Inspired by a new attitude I’m trying to employ in the world, I’ve adopted Barnabus’s name and charge and added it to my Daily Faith Confessions.
After my crushing and revealing experience during the Awakening Weekend at which I served (and was amazingly fed), two additional messages came to me about who God wants to be; one of which was tremendously affirmed by the message from Bill Hybels that he gave to Saddleback Church in late October. The first is one that came to me while writing to the young lady who’s story broke my heart “I am a child of the Most High God, uniquely equipped to follow His unique path for me.” Truly something I had never said before, yet it flowed from me onto the paper like my name or address on an application. Props to Joel Osteen for planting the “child of the Most High God” in my heart.
So, here is the complete, modified list. Also the link to the Daily Faith Confessions will take you to a printable .pdf file that has a bookmark-sized version and one which can be cut and folded in half to give you a pocket-sized version. On the back of the bookmark version, there is space for you to include your own additions as you find them.
I pray that you’ll start filling yourself with a positive message on a daily message and that the result will be even better than awesomeness I’ve began experiencing in my own life.
Your feedback and suggestions are always appreciated.
Blessed to be a blessing–
Daily Faith Confessions
- I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation.
- I act in audacious faith to change the world in this generation.
- I have no fear or anxiety, I trust in the Lord with all my heart.
- I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life.
- I am fully funded to do everything God has called me to do.
- I have no insecurity because I see myself the way God sees me.
- I am (will be) a faithful spouse and a Godly parent; our family is blessed
- I am completely whole physically, mentally and emotionally.
- I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ
- I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make.
- I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesus’ name.
- I am ready to be who You need, when You need, where You need and how You need to reach any person You need to hear the Word of Your Grace and salvation!
- I am a child of the Most High God, uniquely equipped to follow His unique path for me.
- I am Your son/daughter of encouragement in a world that needs to be encouraged.
Most from, but all inspired by Elevation Church, the book – “Sun Stand Still” and the GracePoint Sun Stand Still Study Group